LIC introduced a new insurance plan called ‘Dhan Varsha’
- Indian life insurance company LIC has introduced a new insurance plan called ‘Than Varsha’.
- This plan offers both security and savings features.
- The minimum sum assured of this policy is Rs 1.25 lakh; There is no maximum limit. The premium payment tenure is of two types, 10 years or 15 years. Loan facility is also available and you can join this scheme from October 17 to March 3,2024.
Interpol 90th General Assembly 2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released commemorative stamps and 100 rupees coins on the occasion of the Interpol 90th General Assembly being held at Pragati Maidan in Delhi from October 18-21.
- The INTERPOL meeting in Delhi is attended by representatives of 195 INTERPOL member states including ministers, national police chiefs, heads of national central bureaus and senior police officers.
- INTERPOL’s supreme governing body, the General Assembly, meets once a year to take major decisions regarding its operations.
In Canada Narcotic Cannabis was legally delivering to Home
- Uber Eats, a popular online food delivery company in Canada, offers legal home delivery of cannabis.
- Exclusively for this purpose, it has been implemented in collaboration with Leafly, a cannabis selling website.
- Also, the person ordering cannabis online must be above 19 years of age. The agency has also imposed certain conditions, including age verification of the cannabis when it is delivered.
5th International Solar Alliance Assembly
- Shri Raj Kumar Singh, Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy inaugurated the Fifth Assembly of the International Solar Alliance held in New Delhi.
- India holds the office of the President of the ISA Assembly, with the Government of France as Co-President.
- The Fifth Assembly of the ISA will deliberate on the key initiatives of ISA on three critical issues energy access, energy security, and energy transition.
PM Modi to Inaugurate DefExpo in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the DefExpo 22 at Gandhinagar on 19th october 2022 and also launch development projects worth Rs 15,670 crore in Gujarat. The Expo, being held under the theme ‘Path to Pride’.
- Prime Minister unveils HTT-40, an indigenous trainer aircraft designed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) at the exhibition
Iris verification system was introduced in Ration shops
- In Tamil Nadu ration shops, there is a difficulty in getting food items through biometrics, in order to rectify it, a scheme has been introduced to provide food items by testing the ‘Irish’ through iris checking device.
- Also this project was started by Udayanidhi Stalin MLA of Chepakkam Circle,in the presence of Food and Food Supply Minister Chakkarpani, .
- In states like Kerala, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Assam etc., food products are provided under full iris verification system.
New Chief Justice of Supreme Court was Appointment
- Central Government officially announced that DY Chandrachud has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. He is the 50th Chief Justice of the country.
- Justice DY Chandrachud will take charge as the new Chief Justice on November 9,2022. He will hold office till November 10, 2024.
Indian Cricket Board Appoints New Chairman
- The 91st Annual General Meeting of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) held in Mumbai,In that meeting 67-year-old Roger Binny, former player of the Indian team and Karnataka Cricket Association executive, will be officially elected as the new Chairman of the Board of Cricket in India.
- Jai Shah is re-elected as the Secretary of the Indian Cricket Board.
An Indian-origin person has been appointed as a member of UK Prime Minister Jeremy Hunt’s new Economic Advisory Council
- Indian-origin’s investment expert Sushil Wadwani is appointed as one of the member of new Economic Advisory Council by UK Chancellor Jeremy Hunt.
- He is a former member of Bank of England’s Independent Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
Sir Syed Excellence International Award -2022
- American historian and internationally renowned scholar of South Asian history and Islam, Barbara D. Metcalf received the Sir Syed Excellence International Award for 2022 on October 17.
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) presents this award annually on the birth anniversary of its founder Sir Syed Ahmed Khan.
Sri Lankan author wins Booker Prize for 2022
- Sri Lankan author Segan Karunathilaka won the annual Booker Prize-2022 for the best novel.
- He won the Booker Prize for his novel ‘The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida’ and was awarded a prize amount of 50 thousand pounds.
French player Karim Benzema has won the highest award of football tournament
- Every year the Ballon d’Or is awarded to the best player in the world in football.Messi won this award in 2021.
- In 2022, French football player Karim Benzema has won the Ballon d’Or award.
AimChess Rapid Online Championship
- Aim Chess Rapid Online Championship Series is being held from last February to November for 9 rounds.
- In the ninth round, 16-year-old Tamil Nadu player Gukesh played against world champion Magnus Carlsen, in which Gukesh set a record by defeating Carlsen in his 26th move.
- Indian player Arjun Erikaisi had already defeated Carlson in the seventh round, now Tamil Nadu player Gukesh defeated Carlson in the 9th round.
San Diego Open Tennis 2022
- World number one Ika Sviatek defeated Croatia’s Donna Vegic to win the women’s singles final at the San Diego Open tennis 2022.
- Iga Sviatek has won his eighth WTA title of this year.
Tennis Ranking List
- The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) publishes the rankings for female tennis players.
- In that ranking list, Ika Sviatek is at No. 1,Anse Japier is at No. 2, Annette Kontavit is at No. 3, Arayna Sabalenka is at No. 4, and Jessica Pegula is at No. 5.
Global Dignity Day
- Global Dignity Day is an initiative to educate and inspire young people to help them understand their self-worth and purpose.
- The third Wednesday of October every year recognizes Global Dignity Day.