▪️ Length – 2880Km of which 709Km in India.
▪️ Originates – From Bokhar chu(Glacier) in northern slope of Mt. Kailash.
▪️ It enters India near Damchok.
▪️ Flows in India through the Leh district in J&K only.
▪️ Enters Pakistan near Chillar in the Dardistan region.
▪️ Important Tributaries :-
Right bank – Shyok, Gilgit, Nubra, Kabul.
Left bank – Zaskar, satluj, beas, ravi, chenab, Jhelum.
Tributaries of the Indus River
The Indus River has the following tributaries:
- Astor River
- Nagar River
- Dras River
- Balram River
- Ghizar River
- Gar River
- Gomal River
- Gilgit River
- Kurram River
- Kabul River
- Shigar River
- Panjnad River (Created by the joining of the rivers Chenab, Beas, Jhelum, Ravi, and Sutlej)
- Sohan River
- Shyok River
- Zanskar River
- Tanubal River
Given below are the five main tributaries of the Indus River:
- The Chenab River has its source at the meeting point of two rivers, the Chandra and the Bhaga. In Himachal Pradesh, the river is also called the Chandrabhaga.
- The river moves into the lands of Punjab in the vicinity of Akhnur and is subsequently connected with the Jhelum.
- The Jhelum River has its source in the south-eastern region of Jammu and Kashmir, in a spring lying at Verinag.
- The length of the Jhelum River is 480 miles. The river runs partly in Pakistan and partly in India.
- The Ravi River has its source close to the Rotang pass in the Himalayan Mountain ranges and runs according to a north-westerly itinerary. The river shifts to the south-west in the vicinity of Dalhousie, and subsequently forms a canyon in the Dhaola Dhar mountain range, penetrating the Punjab valleys close to Madhopur.
Join Girls whatapp Group :- CLICK HERE
JOIN Whatapp Group :- CLICK HERE
JOIN Telegram Channel :- CLICK HERE
♨️📚 OnLy sTudY OS 📚♨️
📼📼 📼📼 📼📼
｜ ｜ ｜ ｜ ｜ ｜
｜ ｜ ｜ ｜ ｜ ｜
｜ ｜ ｜ ｜ ◢██◣
｜ ｜ ｜ ｜ ■Top■
｜ ｜ ｜ ｜ ◥██◤
｜ ｜ ◢██◣ 🌐
｜ ｜ ■Top■ 🌹
｜ ｜ ◥██◤ ➰