• Tiwa tribals celebrate Khelchawa festival in Assam.
• This festival is celebrated every five years.
• After the harvesting season is over Tiwa community celebrates the festival for a good harvest.
• The festival also celebrates the efforts of young boys becoming an adult.
• Pigs are also sacrificed during the festival as a mark of respect for their local deities collectively known as Lampha Raja.
• Tiwa tribesmen are recognized as a Scheduled tribe within the State of Assam.
• Further, they are divided into two subgroups namely Hill Tiwas and Plain Tiwas.
• Tiwa tribesmen take part in dance during the Khelchawa festival in Karbi Anglong district of Assam.
Join Girls whatapp Group :- CLICK HERE
JOIN Whatapp Group :- CLICK HERE
JOIN Telegram Channel :- CLICK HERE