The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams | 01-01-2023
1. THRIVE (VERB): (फलना-फूलना): Flourish
Synonyms: Prosper, Burgeon
Education groups thrive on organization.
2.LAMENT (VERB): (विलाप करना): Mourn
Synonyms: Sorrow, Wail
He was lamenting the death of his infant daughter.
3. PLUNGE (NOUN): (गिरावट): Fall
Synonyms: Drop, Tumble
The central bank declared a 76% plunge in its profits.
4. DIVINE (ADJECTIVE): (मनोरम): Lovely
Synonyms: Handsome, Beautiful
Her face had the most divine smile.
5. OPTIMISM (NOUN): (आशावाद): Hope
Synonyms: Confidence, Buoyancy
The talks had been amicable and there were grounds for optimism.
6. EVADE (VERB): (बचना): elude
Synonyms: avoid, dodge
Friends helped him to evade my woes.
7. SATISFACTORY (ADJECTIVE): (संतोषजनक): Adequate
Synonyms: All right, Acceptable
He did not get a satisfactory reply.
8. ENORMOUSLY (ADVERB): (अत्यंत): Very
Synonyms: Extremely, Exceedingly
Quality of life varies enormously from one place to another.
9. VEHEMENCE (NOUN): (जुनून): Passion
Synonyms: Force, Ardor
There was a lot of vehemence in his reaction.
10. IMMORAL (ADJECTIVE): (अनैतिक): Unethical
Synonyms: Bad, Wrongful
Her behaviour was seemingly immoral.
Note :- Other Imp Post : Click on Every Icons