⛳️The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams | 03-02-2023
1. Consolidation (Noun) : एकीकरण: the process of making something stronger or more solid; to combine several things, especially businesses, so that they become more effective, or to be combined in this way
Synonyms: unification, merging, amalgamation, combine
Antonyms: dissolution, disunion, division, partition
Example Sentence: The consolidation of all our household debt into one loan was a wise choice.
2. Fiscal (Adjective) : वित्तीय: relating to government revenue, especially taxes
Synonyms: financial, economic, monetary, pecuniary,
Example Sentence: My daughter lacks a sense of fiscal duty and rarely pays her bills on time.
3. Rationalisation (Noun) : युक्तिकरण : the action of attempting to explain or justify behaviour or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate
Synonyms: pretext, justification, explanation
Example Sentence: But that weak rationalization came too late and has been muted by the waves of criticism.
4. Bugle (Noun) : विगुल: a brass instrument like a small trumpet, typically without valves or keys, and used for military signals; to announce or sing
Synonyms: clarion, cornet, trumpet
Example Sentence:The bugle and flute were made of red and white plastic and were approximately 21 cm long.
5. Actualization (Noun) : वास्तविकता: to make something that could possibly happen or be achieved
Synonyms: achievement, attainment, fulfillment, fruition
Example Sentence: Tia is taking classes at the local college so she can actualize her dream of becoming a teacher.
6. Impetus (Noun) : प्रोत्साहन: a driving force; something that makes a process or activity happen more quickly
Synonyms: encouragement, motivation, stimulus
Antonyms: discouragement, hindrance, deterrent, impediment
Example Sentence: The high crime rate was the impetus for the hiring of one hundred new police officers in our city.
7. Outlay (Noun) : खर्च: an amount of money spent for a particular purpose
Synonyms: expense, cost, price
Antonyms: save, procure, acquire
Example Sentence: For an initial outlay of £2000 to buy the equipment, you should be earning up to £500 a month
8. Fathom (Verb): to discover the meaning of something; understand (a difficult problem) after much thought
Synonyms: understand, comprehend, grasp, apprehend
Antonyms: misinterpret, misunderstand
Example Sentence: Since I have always done my work, I cannot fathom why my boss just fired me.
9. Ravage (Noun/Verb) : बरबाद कर देना : cause severe and extensive damage; the destructive effects of something
Synonyms: devastate, destroy, ruin
Antonyms: restore, recover, rehabilitate
Example Sentence:Despite the efforts of the firemen, the fire continued to ravage the forest.
10. Pore over (Phrasal verb) : अद्धय्यन करना: to look at and study something, usually a book or document, carefully
Synonyms: contemplate, ponder, consider, study,
Antonyms: ignore, disregard, overlook
Example Sentence: The judges will have to pore over the 22 volumes of evidence already accumulated and hear the 66 witnesses for the prosecution.