The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams | 05-02-2023
Synonyms: stimulus, impetus, spur, boost, encouragement
Antonyms: curb, deaden, discourage
Example Sentence: The infrastructure projects unveiled yesterday were not unexpected, but will give a welcome fillip to the construction sector.
3. Viability (Noun) : व्यावहारिकता: the ability to work successfully
Synonyms: feasibility, potentiality, possibility, credibility
Antonyms: improbability, unlikelihood, doubtfulness
Example Sentence: Rising costs are threatening the viability of many businesses.
4. Photovoltaic (Noun): relating to the production of electric current at the junction of two substances exposed to light
Synonyms: photoelectric, solar and voltaic.
Example Sentence: Hoffman Electronics produced photovoltaic cells that were 9 percent efficient, and then the following year those cells were used to power Vanguard I, the first satellite to use PV technology for power.
5. Coup (Noun) : तख्तापलट : a sudden illegal, often violent, taking of government power, especially by part of an army; an instance of successfully achieving something difficult
Synonyms: upheaval, unrest, success, accomplishment
Example Sentence: It was a tremendous coup for the local paper to get an exclusive interview with Prince Charles.
Synonyms: revolt, insurrection, uprising, rebellion, revolution,
Antonyms: peace, subservience, compliance
Example Sentence: Dissatisfied voters will mutiny against the current president by voting for whoever runs against him in the next election.
7. Oodles (Noun) : अधिक संख्या : a very great number or amount of something.
Synonyms: abundance, basketful, a boatload
Antonyms: bit, little
Example Sentence: They’ve got oodles of money.
Synonyms: shout, yell, cry
Antonyms: mumbling, murmuring, whispering
Example Sentence: Hollering at me isn’t going to find us a parking place.
9. Manifest (Verb): प्रकट: to show something clearly, through signs or actions; obvious
Synonyms: evident, apparent
Antonyms: hidden, conceal
Example Sentence: The student continues to manifest their eagerness to learn.
Synonyms: unwise, imprudent
Antonyms: discreet, decorous
Example Sentence: Don’t tell her any secrets; she’s so indiscreet