1. Camouflage (Noun/Verb) : छल, छिपाना : The act of disguising or concealing something or oneself to blend with the surroundings or deceive others.
Synonyms: Disguise, Concealment, Masking, Cover-up, Veil
Antonyms: Revelation, Exposure, Unmasking, Disclosure, Unveiling
Example Sentence: The chameleon’s ability to change its color and blend into its surroundings is a remarkable example of natural camouflage.
2. Glitzy (Adjective) : भव्य, चमकदार : Attracting attention with showy or flashy display; glamorous.
Synonyms: Showy, Glamorous, Flashy, Dazzling, Sparkling
Antonyms: Plain, Modest, Unpretentious
Example Sentence: The hotel’s grand ballroom was decorated with glitzy decorations and
sparkling lights for the New Year’s Eve party.
3. Paramount (Adjective) : प्रमुख, महत्वपूर्ण: Of supreme importance or significance; highest in rank or authority.
Synonyms: Supreme, Dominant , Preeminent
Antonyms: Insignificant, Secondary , Minor, Subordinate
Example Sentence: The safety of the passengers is paramount for the airline industry.
4. Sabotage (Noun) : तोड़फोड़, बिगाड़ना : The act of deliberately destroying, damaging, or obstructing something, typically for personal or political gain.
Synonyms: Wreck, Vandalize, Destroy
Antonyms: Aid, Assist, Support Promote
Example Sentence: The hackers launched a cyberattack to sabotage the computer
network of the organization.
5. Putrefy (Verb) :बदबूदार होना : to decay, producing a strong, unpleasant smell
Synonyms: Decompose, Rot, Spoil Decay
Antonyms: Preserve, Freshen, Purify
Example Sentence: The stagnant water in the pond caused the organic matter to putrefy,
leading to the growth of harmful bacteria.
6. Prompt (Adjective) : तत्पर, तुरंत : done without delay; immediate
Synonyms: Quick, Timely, Punctual
Antonyms: Delayed, Late, Tardy, Sluggish
Example Sentence: She gave a prompt response to the question, showing her
7. Keep your eyes peeled (Idiom): to be vigilant, observant, or watchful. It implies paying close attention to one’s surroundings
Synonyms: Stay watchful, be attentive, keep a sharp eye, remain on guard
Antonyms: Let your guard down, be oblivious, be inattentive
Example Sentence: While exploring the forest, it’s important to keep your eyes peeled for any
signs of wildlife or hidden trials.
8. Raining cats and dogs (Idiom) : Heavy rainfall; raining heavily
Synonyms: Pouring rain, raining heavily, bucketing down, coming down in sheets
Antonyms: Clear skies, no rain, dry weather
Example Sentence: We had to cancel our plans for a picnic because it was raining cats and dogs all day long.
9. Fillip (Noun) : प्रोत्साहन : something which acts as a stimulus or boosts to an activity
Synonyms: Boost, Stimulus, Impetus, Encouragement, Motivation
Antonyms: Setback, Discouragement, Hindrance
Example Sentence: The speech by the motivational speaker gave a fillip to
the students’ enthusiasm.
10. Seize (Verb) : जब्त करना : To take hold of something or someone forcibly and suddenly.
Synonyms: Grab, Clutch, Grasp, Capture, Confiscate
Antonyms: Release, Loosen, Free
Example Sentence: The authorities seized a large quantity of illegal drugs during
|All NCERT Class Based Arrange||Click Here|