The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams |18-02-2023
1. Delimitation (Noun): परिसीमन:the action of fixing the boundary or limits of something
Synonyms: demarcation, delineation, delimiting, outlining, circumscribing
Example Sentence: Set the delimitation or boundaries of your proposed research in order to provide a clear focus.
2.Imprimatur (Noun): आज्ञा:official permission to do something that is given by a person or group in a position of power
Synonyms: approval, assent, approbation, endorsement
Antonyms: disapproval, refusal, disapprobation
Example Sentence: When he suspended the assembly and dissolved Congress, he had the imprimatur of the armed forces.
3.Contention (Adjective):विवाद: the disagreement that results from opposing arguments
Synonyms: argument, dispute
Antonyms: agreement, harmony, peace, concord
Example Sentence: There’s a lot of contention about that issue – for every person firmly in favor, there’s someone fiercely against it.
4. Fait accompli (Noun): a thing that has already happened or been decided before those affected hear about it, leaving them with no option but to accept it
Example Sentence: The policy change was presented to us as a fait accompli, without consultation or discussion.
5. Libel (Noun): निंदलेख: a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation; a written defamation.
Synonyms: defamation, misrepresentation, vilification
Antonyms: praise, respect, commendation
Example Sentence: The governor’s office issued a statement accusing the state’s largest newspaper of libel.
6. Pursuance (Noun): अनुसरण: the carrying out of a plan or action
Synonyms: implementation, carrying out, fulfilment
Antonyms: non-performance, nonfulfillment
Example Sentence: They may need to borrow money in pursuance of their legal action.
7. Redundant (Adjective): बेकार: the state of being not or no longer needed or useful.
Synonyms: futile, purposeless, useless
Example Sentence:The programmer deleted the redundant line of code that added no value to the software program.
8. Frazzled (Adjective): थका हुआ : completely exhausted
Synonyms: exhausted, fatigue
Antonyms: refreshed, energized
Example Sentence: The meeting left me feeling completely frazzled.
9. Teed off (Verb ): गुस्सा होना: feeling or showing anger
Synonyms: ballistic, angry, infuriated
Antonyms: pleased, accepting, delighted
Example Sentence: There’s no use getting teed off about something that’s out of your control.
10. Intuitive (Adjective): स्वाभाविक: using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
Synonyms: instinctive, intuitional, instinctual
Example Sentence:The intuitive police officer could tell the woman was trying to hide something from him.