The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams | 20-01-2023
1. Elusive (Adjective) : हाथ ना आनेवाला: difficult to find, catch, or achieve
Synonyms: evasive, transient, fleeting
Antonyms: attainable, available, convenient
Example Sentence: Since I am not very good at math, earning an “A” in geometry is an elusive goal for me.
2. Stringent (Adjective):कठोर: strict, precise, and exacting (of regulations,requirements, or conditions)
Synonyms: strict, rigorous, rigid
Antonyms: lenient, flexible,
Example Sentence: The quantity of exports has declined since the early 80s due to the stringent procedures by the government.
3. Impregnable(Adjective) : अजेय: incapable of being overcome, challenged, or defeated
Synonyms: invincible, invulnerable, unconquerable
Antonyms: susceptible, vulnerable
Example Sentence:The prison’s impregnable security wall makes it impossible for inmates to leave the grounds.
4. Salvo (Noun) : धमाका: a simultaneous discharge of two or more guns in military action ; a sudden, vigorous, or aggressive act
Synonyms: barrage, flurry
Example Sentence:The soldier loaded his gun in order to complete the salvo.
5. Collegium (Noun): a group in which each member has approximately equal power and authority.
Example Sentence: In total there were 27 members of the Collegium in 1990.
6. Fulmination(Noun) : विस्फोट: an expression of vehement protest ; a violent explosion or a flash like lightning
Synonyms: protest, objection
Example Sentence:At the town hall meeting, residents began to fulminate over the proposed tax increase
7. Fruition (Noun) : सफलता: the realization or fulfillment of a plan or project
Synonyms: accomplishment, fulfillment, attainment
Antonyms: nought, failure, inception
Example Sentence:After much delay, the plan to build the new hospital finally came to fruition.
8.Delegitimise(Verb):अमान्य:withdraw legitimate status or authority ; to make something seem not valid or not acceptable
Synonyms: invalidate, nullify, proscribe
Antonyms: legitimize, sanction
Example Sentence: The government’s tactics have been to delegitimize the voices of the poor.
9. Euthanasia (Noun) : इच्छामृत्यु: the painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease or in an irreversible coma.
Synonyms: killing, slaughter
Example Sentence: He asked if we had considered euthanasia, since the cat’s care would require a considerable amount over $100, and “he might end up with only three legs”.
10. Erroneous (Adjective) : गलत: wrong; incorrect
Synonyms: false, misleading
Antonyms: accurate, valid, true