The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams | 25-02-2023
1. Remittance (Noun) : भेजी हुई रकम: an amount of money that you send to someone
Synonyms: payment, pay, allowance
2. Diaspora (Noun) : प्रवासी: a group of people who spread from one original country to other countries, or the act of spreading in this way
Synonyms: migration, displacement, dispersal, movement, dispersion
Example Sentence: When war broke out in their home country, a diaspora of refugees settled in a neighboring nation.
3.Seamless (Adjective): निरंतरतायुक्त: smooth and continuous, with no apparent gaps or spaces between one part and the next
Synonyms: perfect, flawless, impeccable, faultless, unblemished
Antonyms: imperfect, bad, inadequate, defective
Example Sentence: Although there were some hiccups along the way, the project seemed seamless on the outside.
4. Agog (Adjective): उत्सुक: very eager or curious to hear or see something
Synonyms: eager, excited, impatient
Antonyms: apathetic, unenthusiastic, incurious
Example Sentence: I’ve been agog all afternoon, waiting for the next part of your story.
5. Freebie (Noun): मुफ्त: a thing given free of charge
Synonyms: gift, donation, bonus, giveaway, present, reward
Antonyms: expensive, extortionate, overpriced
Example Sentence: The store gives customers a freebie with their purchases
6. Animadversion (Noun) : निन्दा: criticism or censure
Synonyms: harsh criticism, disapproval
Antonyms: extol, laud, praise
Example Sentence:He was infuriated by their constant animadversion.
7.Mire(Noun): मुसीबत में फसना: a situation or state of difficulty, distress, orembarrassment from which it is hard to extricate oneself
Synonyms: mess, trouble, difficulty, rattrap
Example Sentence: Because the girl chose to become friends with a drug dealer, she now finds herself in a mire of suspicion.
8.Interlocutor (Noun): वार्ताकार: a person who takes part in a dialogue or conversation and who is representing someone else
Synonyms: dialogist, conversationalist, speaker
Example Sentence:Abraham was able to act as interpreter and interlocutor for our group.
9. Callous (Adjective) : कठोर: showing or having an insensitive and cruel disregard for others
Synonyms: ruthless, merciless, heartless, cruel, unfeeling
Antonyms: sympathetic, compassionate, merciful
Example Sentence: The professor was callous and cold, and no one wanted to remain in the class.
10. Startle (Verb) : चौंकाना: cause to feel sudden shock or alarm
Synonyms: shock, stun, astonish, astound, stupefy
Antonyms: assure, soothe, cheer, comfort
Example Sentence: If the music is too loud, it will startle the sleeping baby